We all make mistakes, it happens to everyone. but Making mistakes that cost money is absolutely more problematic. in this case it’s about Steam game refund .
Steam has become a must-have platform for buying a video game. Except that the dematerialized has a weakness: it can not be resold (necessarily!) Once purchased the game belongs to you or so until the closing of the platform on which you ‘ve bought … Except that the video game does not escape the rule of artistic creations, from time to time let’s be honest, there are failures.
And we all knew that, we are enthusiastic at the end of a game, we rush to buy it and there is the drama: the game is a poorly developed turd. The feeling of betrayal comes and the desire to recover his lost money forever points the tip of his nose. Fortunately, Steam offers a system of refunding its games for discontented gamers, however we warn you it’s VERY restrictive and do not imagine recovering all the euros spent …
To be reimbursed, you must meet certain criteria:
- If you bought a game and you do not like it : you can get it back up to 14 days after purchase (if you bought it on Steam of course) and the money comes back into your Steam wallet . If you bought the game elsewhere (in CD format or by code on the internet) it does not work … Also note that if you have been banned from the game by the Steam VAC system you will be unable to request a refund.
- If you bought a title for pre-order: you can still get it back to you as long as the game is not out yet and 14 days after the game is released (and the funds are returned to your Steam wallet as well)
- If you purchased an item in a Valve game: You can get this item back within 48 hours of purchase. Of course you must not have consumed or resold , it makes sense.
- If you bought a DLC from a game: it’s more complicated. There is always the limit of 14 days after the purchase BUT you must not play more than 2 hours and especially all the DLC are not refundable. For example, those who deeply modify the basic game (such as increasing the character’s maximum level) can not be reimbursed by Steam, normally if it is the case it is indicated during your purchase.
- If you have purchased Steam hardware (for example, a controller): You have 30 days to apply for a refund and another 14 days to return the equipment .
- If you bought a bundle: there are possibilities but it’s more complicated. Basically there is always this limit of 14 days but you should not have played more than 2 hours accumulated in all games of the bundle … Of course if a bundle item has been consumed or sold, it is useless to ask for a refund .
- If you have been bought a gift: always the limit of 14 days and 2 hours of play. The refund request must be made by the player who received the gift but the funds will go on the wallet of the one who paid , normal … ^^
The interesting thing is that Steam has implemented an anti-abuse system which means that if you ask for too many refunds, Steam reserves the right to refuse. But where the interest is growing is that on his site, Steam clearly admits that “A refund request made for a game purchased just before the sale more expensive than its sale price is not considered an abuse. Basically if you buy a game on Steam and less than 14 days after it is sold, you can ask for a refund and a refund at the sale price. You still have to fulfill all the conditions …
Request a refund
To request a refund, just go to the Steam refund support available by following this link . It will connect of course and send a request for reimbursement simply. Steam will respond quickly enough to inform you if the game is refundable or not and will return your money to your wallet. You can then spend the money again in another game.
If you are still confused , fear not . just follow the steps shown below with Pictures .
1. You must first go to the steam Help via the link provided. (https://help.steampowered.com/)
2. Log into your Steam Account through the portal provided.
3. Go to the Purchase Option and click on it.
4. Find the purchase you would like to get refunded and click on it. If it is not listed then the item is way outside the refund eligibility and you will not receive a refund for it.
5. From the options given select the problem, you are facing with the purchase.
6. Once you have done that click on ‘I’d like to request a refund’.’
7. A form will be given to you. Fill out the form and submit the request form.
8. Click on the drop-down menu and choose where you would like to obtain the refund in. It could be your Steam Wallet or your Original Payment Method.
9. A confirmation mail will be received by you stating that the request was successfully submitted.
10. You will get a mail after the review process stating that the purchase has been refunded if you met the requirements. It mostly comes to you within hours itself.
Last Words :
Here we’ve learned How to refund a game on Steam. You must be patient as the refund to be credited in your account takes 7 days and international payments take longer. If you haven’t received it contact your bank directly. For any reason, you feel the request got canceled then repeat the steps again.